Tuesday, March 8, 2011

寄人离下

I am 22, and I am still living with my relatives. Honestly, I feel ashamed of it. And I feel like crap living with them anyway. The thoughts of moving out constantly pass through my mind. There has been numerous times when I almost take out my big suitcase and pack everything I could and leave the house without telling them. Seriously, I do not like living with relatives. Why?

1. You would feel like you are a foreigner. Well, I am a foreigner to them and they are foreigners to me too so why forcing us to live under the same roof?

2. You feel obligated to do housework or at least try to contribute to the house. Do not give excuses, they won't take it. JUST DO THE HOUSEWORK!

3. You feel obligated to pay rent or offer to pay for something. Eventhough they say you don't have too, in their heart, yes they would be more than happy to accept your money. It makes you feel guilty if you didn't pay a cent living in the house, eating the food, sharing their rooms, sharing bathrooms, using the telephone, using the electricity etc...

4. No privacy. When I haven't own a cellphone before, I used the house phone to make phone calls to dad and mom. When you are talking about non-sense, or laughing at some non-serious matter, enjoying the time, they are on the side listening and monitoring every conversation. Seems like they want to make sure you are not saying anything bad about them and want you to have a "productive" conversation!

5. No freedom. Need I to say more?

6. Emotion burden. Constantly feel stressful when hearing them talking about me behind me. It makes you cry for sure hearing the comments they made to random strangers.

7. No attachment. No relationships. Seriously, three of us don't even communicate. Nobody says anything to me. And I am really quiet too. So it makes no sense living with them. Honestly, I talk more to strangers than to relatives.

8. I do not want to be dependent. I want my independence! I do not want to be said that I still rely on them blah blah blah. What the hell!


So why didn't I move out asap! I wish I could, but I just can't afford too. Rental fees is ridiculously high. Money is the only reason that has been keeping me under this roof for more than 4 years now. Sigh

No comments:

Post a Comment