Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Sister Rivalries

I was the only child for a few year until parents decided to get me a playmate - a baby sister. We are one of those unfortunate pairs whose parents thought it would be cute to give us names that start with the same initial. She was an annoying brat; interested in decapitating my life.Of course I was no angel. In any juvenile sister-sister dynamic it takes two to torment - and I had a smug first-born complex and a bossy attitude.

However, time goes on and the teasing and bickering starts to dissipate. As siblings mature we do the unthinkable - we start to enjoy each other's company. At some point we stop seeing them as our bratty luttle brothers or sitters and spiteful older sisters or brothers. I start thinking of my sister as an adult. I haven't seen my sister for more than 4 years. I am pretty sure she has grown up so much that I probably would not recognize her. She is no longer the small little kid I can bully when mom is not around. She is no longer the naive kid who believes in everything I say - I am such a good lier and I exaggerate everything! She is no longer the foolish kid that I can take control with. 

Yes, it turns out that my unbearable kid sister is actually terribly witty and pretty fun to be around and talk to. Life would be more flavorful with her existence.

I MISS YOU SIS!

No comments:

Post a Comment