Friday, February 18, 2011

I don't bake. I don't cook.

I don't know how to cook, but I have decided to face up to it the way Western society has taught me: I am going to blame my childhood.

I was filled with a fear of the deadly stove, and especially the child-killing pot of hot oil. Kids are always curious, so I touched the hot pot with my bare finger, which later I broke into tear running into the room, covering myself with blanket, sobbing over my red, swollen finger. With fear sowed in my heart, I approached the stove in my early gingerly, like it was a lion at feeding time.

I don't think the fear had summoned me. I do cook once in a blue moon (RARELY) when being forced. I cook instant noodles, boil eggs, steam rice, fried rice, fried eggs, self-made sushi, bimbibap...only the easiest things and of course some food I am craving for. I just don't think it is fun at all. It is such a tiring work and you waste so much time to prepare one single dish, and that you will have to clean it up. Nah...not for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment