Thursday, March 10, 2011

ABC aka American Born Chinese

Am I one of the ABCs? I wish I am, but I am not. I am a MBC aka Malaysian Born Chinese. Many were surprised that I am not an ABC and I have only stayed here for a few years. Perhaps because of my look of "guai mui" and my fluent English?

I am particularly attracted to ABC or CBC aka Canadian Born Chinese since I am currently staying in Canada. A few artists for example:
Daniel Wu
Van Ness Wu
Wilber Pan
Wang Lee Hong
 They are ABCs. I am just thrilled by their sexy voices, their accents, their handsome looks, their behaviors, and just everything about them! **Drool** at the moment they speak their mother tongue.

Having living in Canada for 4 years and a few months now, I believe I am 90% Canadian now, keeping 10% of Malaysian traits. I didn't realize this until I discussed with my parents, my sister and my friends on some topics. I didn't realize how I have changed so much in just a few years. The way I think, the way I behave, the way I talk, the way I react and so on. Of course, the 10% is just the conservative thoughts that I am still keeping and will be keeping because they have been instilled in my mind for so long. In a nutshell, I should consider myself as ABC too?

No comments:

Post a Comment