Saturday, March 26, 2011

BUY or RENT

BUY OR RENT???
Currently, I do not own or rent. I am pretty sure everyone will come across this questions some time in their life and have different opinions on it depending on your ages, your financial capability, your knowledge, your experiences etc...
But everyone should really start thinking about this matter NOW! 

First of all, how do you feel about renting? 
Perhaps to you, rent is merely a cost of living. For me, NO. I think renting is just a waste of money! Just invest the money in the house, instead of "donating" the money to other homeowner! Of course, this applies to only people who are settling down, not for people who are all over the world.

Second, do you feel like having a house of your own?
I mean besides having to pay monthly cost, you will have other random fees coming as well, such as electricity, water, internet and cable, garbage and waste, new bed, new dresser, new desk, new chair, new dining set, new couch, new washer and dryer, new blind, new pillows, new lamp, new kitchen utensils, new TV, new shoes rack, new mat, new fridge, furnace repairs and the list goes on.<GASP!> Alright, I guess even if I have the money to buy a house, I wouldn't have extra money for all these other things. However, these costs are worth paying I guess. At the end, everything belongs to ME ME ME! Haha. So yes, I feel like having a house of my own!

Third, what would you gain the most from being a owner of a house?
Independence? Stability? Flexibility? Freedom? Investment? Privacy? Family? I vote for all?

Last question, would you rather pay for housing mortgage for 30  years ++ or rent a house and spend the money elsewhere. I vote for the first one myself! I feel secure having a house first, then spend the extra money on something else. Personally I think it is a smart decision over a long term!

No comments:

Post a Comment